The Healing Kadi Foundation clinic provides medical services to the South Sudanese refugees and host communities in Moyo, Yumbe, Arua and Adjumani Districts, Uganda. We are an integral part of the South Sudanese community because we have served the community since 2007, have local medical staff who speak the local languages and are familiar with the cultures. This relationship increases patients’ trust, comfort and information exchange which facilitates quality healthcare delivery. We are following our population to the refugee camps to not only provide medical care but to also give hope in this time of great need.
Our clinic has been very busy from the day we started operations. Over the last 15 months, we have seen over 40,000 patients and the numbers keep increasing. We have directed most of the funds towards purchasing medicines and laboratory supplies to address the immediate needs of our patients. As a result, our facility is lacking and needs major renovation. The areas that need immediate renovation are; the laboratory, patient check in and pharmacy. All these areas currently have dirt floors.
Services provided at the clinic include, but are not limited to the following:
• Primary and acute cares services
• Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) Services
• Immunization Services
• Nutrition Services
• Prevention, Control and treatment of Non-communicable and Communicable Diseases
• Injuries, Disabilities and Rehabilitative Health services
• Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Human rights Services
• Mental Health and Control of Substance Abuse Services
• Oral Health Services